GREY WATER – 021 180 4556
GREY WATER SYSTEMS
An average family home of 4 people uses between 200-300 litres of reusable water per day. A bath typically contains 120 litres and a shower takes 80 litres of water. A typical, South African, residential garden represents around 35% of household water consumption. WHAT IS GREY WATER? Grey Water is the water that we used for our baths, showers, hand basins and washing machines (clothes). This water is best re-used immediately to irrigate lawn, saving you a significant part of your water charge. However, it is not recommended to use kitchen water, as the fat content from food, can harm plant life.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- A Grey Water tank is installed in the ground, or below the lowest waste outlet pipe.
- Westons will extend the outlet pipes of your shower, bath, basin and washing machine, to run to the grey water tank.
- Gravity allows the water to flow down to the tank.
- As soon as the water reaches a certain level in the tank, an internal pump automatically switches on.
- The water is then pumped into a dedicated hose or hoses, and is dispersed by a sprinkler in your garden.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GREY WATER?
- Lower consumption of fresh water.
- Financial savings, +/- 80% of previously wasted water, can now be reused.
- Avoid the cost of damage to your garden during water restrictions.
- Grey Water can have nutrients for plant life.
- A Grey Water system can connect to your current garden sprinkler.
Below: An explanation from CNN’s Derek Van Dam on why Cape Town will experience further droughts in the future. The whole video is worth a watch, but if you are in a hurry, see from 2:45min.
R8,000 - R18,000
Contact Westons on 021 180 4567 or firstname.lastname@example.org to
arrange a site inspection, so that we can present you with an accurate quote.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A few minutes maintenance a week, will also help to eliminate odours.
Contact us for a free quote. We are currently servicing the following areas:
“Unfortunately we do not service the Strand, Gordons Bay, Kraaifontein and Melkbos areas just yet.”
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Thermal Leak Detection
Thermal Imaging with Infrared camera – tracing pipework using temperature differentials, acoustics and ultra sonic measurements.
Solar Water heating systems
APS provides everything you need to know about Solar Water Heating ranging from installations, panels used, solar geysers and how the system works.
APS , a professional and reliable Cape Town plumbing company providing quality plumbing services.